HSIE e-news K-6 Term 2 2018
HSIE K-6 Term 2 2018 e-newsletter brings you up-to-date news and information about teaching and resources, professional learning and other curriculum initiatives in HSIE.
This issue features:
- The Term 2 state-wide HSIE staff meeting
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures grant initiative
- Resources to support the teaching of HSIE :
- Guide to using picture books in History K-10
- Using picture books for Intercultural Understanding
- Sydney ANZAC War Memorial
- Parliamentary Education Office – teaching resources and learning activities
- Excursions to Taronga Park Zoo
- Invictus Games Sydney 2018
- Useful websites
- Geography Teachers’ Association NSW
- Geography free app – WWF Free Rivers.