This professional learning is designed for kindergarten teachers and leaders who have implemented the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment (BSKA). It will focus on supporting teachers to reflect, analyse and plan for differentiated learning tailored to students? needs.
Who should participate?
Early Stage One teachers and school leadership teams.
Mode of delivery
Online (6 modules inclusive of an Adobe Connect session)
This course helps teachers to analyse student strengths, identify patterns and find a starting point using PLAN2 and Best Start Kindergarten. Teachers will explore teaching strategies to differentiate learning for their context.
The eLearning is organised into 6 modules inclusive of a live Adobe Connect session.
Completing this course will help you:
- access and analyse feedback from the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment
- plan for targeted teaching effectively, using NSW syllabus and the literacy and numeracy learning progressions
- create targeted quality teaching and learning programs from information gathered in the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment.
Registration for 'Planning for Learning - Kindergarten teachers and leaders (online) via MyPL (Course code RG04700)
You will also need to select an Adobe Connect session in MyPL to attend (Adobe Connect dates listed below)
- Tuesday 10 March 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Wednesday 18 March 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Tuesday 24 March 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Tuesday 8 April 3:30pm-4:30pm
If you experience any difficulties with the registration process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA Registered Professional Development
Completing 'Planning for learning- Kindergarten teachers and leaders' (MyPL code RG04700) will contribute to 3.5 hours of NESA Registered PD hours addressing 2.5.2, 5.4.2 and 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.