How School Learning Environments and Change (SLEC) can support schools involved in new builds and/or refurbishment.
If you are involved in a new build or school refurbishment, we recommend that you contact School Learning Environments and Change (SLEC) to support your design process for learning space design.
To visit our concept space at the Australian Technology Park – email us at SLEC@det.nsw.edu.au. The concept space includes a prototype, flexible learning space.
Further information about education infrastructure is available at School Infrastructure NSW. The website contains information on projects in progress, recently announced and what has been completed since 2011. For enquires go to NSW Department of Education – Major Assets.
Future-focused professional learning
- Visit our concept space at the Australian Technology Park or email us directly on SLEC@det.nsw.edu.au.
- Attend the Future-Focused Immersion Experience.
- Teaching and Learning in Innovative Learning space (coming soon).
- Collaborative Teaching Practice (coming soon).
- Visit the School Learning Environments and Change school journeys to source journeys of schools on new builds and decants.
- View the virtual reality tours of completed builds.
Learning and teaching
- Visit the department's Educational Facilities Standards and Guidelines (EFSG) – (staff only)
- Download the Education Model template – to create your Education Model which will inform learning space and technology requirements (coming soon).
Refer to the post-occupancy evaluations of completed builds (coming soon).
Visit future-focused research page.
- Download the Induction to Learning Space Development (coming soon).
- Download the Induction to Major Capital Works Project Lifecycle from Assets Management Directorate (coming soon).