Learning with technology
Preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s world.
Students require a high level of digital literacy in order to thrive and work in the world. Seamless and purposeful integration of technology into future-focused learning and teaching can provide opportunities for students to think independently and develop skills that will enable them to flourish in a world driven by technology.
Through the effective integration of information and communication technologies (ICT) across the curriculum, students learn to collaborate, globally connect, construct, apply knowledge and seek timely feedback to reflect on learning.
By exploring digital technologies within the curriculum, students can learn about applications in coding, robotics, STEM and the arts, to develop skills in problem solving, innovation, critical and creative thinking.
Students who use technology and practice good digital citizenship, contribute positively to the global community.
For more information
- Digital resources – learning resources that embed technology into future-focused learning and teaching.
- Learning and collaboration tools (staff only) for NSW Public School staff and students, part of the department's Technology website (staff only).
- Learning tools selector – a tool to help teachers make informed decisions about the technologies they use with their students.
- T4L Engage – FutureTECH guides and stories, including emerging technologies tested within the department.
- Future-focused resources – toolkits, information and links.
- Future-focused professional learning – registered and non-registered courses to support innovative teacher practice.