Using the library
Find out more about using The Jill Sherlock Memorial Learning Assistance Library including conditions of borrowing, returning and reserving resources.
- Library services are available to teachers, allied professionals and parents in NSW.
- You must become a member of the library to use these services.
- Membership is free.
- Members are responsible for the replacement cost of missing or damaged resources.
- Resources must be returned in the same condition in which they were lent.
- It is your responsibility to notify the library of changes to your membership details.
- We reserve the right to cancel memberships.
- Loan requests can be made online, in person or by telephone.
- Special criteria may apply to the loan of some resources. Proof of eligibility may be required.
- General limit of 10 items per person or family (games - 2 items for individuals, 5 items for class teachers).
- Loan period is 32 days, but may be less for resources in high demand.
- Loans may be renewed up to 3 times, provided they have not been reserved by others.
- Your loan must be returned by the due date, in good condition and with all components intact.
- If your loan is overdue, you will be sent 3 notices. After 28 days you will be issued with an invoice for the replacement cost.
- You cannot borrow while you have overdue resources.
- Loans can be mailed to you at no cost, but return costs are your responsibility.
- Registered or tracked mail is strongly recommended.
- Staff at DoE schools (outside the local area of the library) may be entitled to one reply paid label each term. These cannot be accrued.
- Eligible parcels must weigh over 500g or be of high value and contain more than one item.
- Reply paid parcels must be lodged at a post office - not your school office.
- If you request an item which is currently on loan, we'll reserve it for you.
- Reservations are recorded in the order in which they are received and are valid for 3 months.
- We'll contact you by email when the reservation becomes available. You'll need to reply within 24 hours or the reservation will be cancelled.
The purpose of this statement is to advise members about the information collected when you join the library or visit the website, how this information is used and if it is disclosed.
- When you visit the library website we make a record of your visit for statistical purposes
- We record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- When you register as a member you will be asked to supply personal information directly related to a library function or activity of the library.
- The library is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of information you provide.
- Because there are risks associated with the transmission of material over the internet, we will provide you with other options to join. You can visit the library in person or we can mail you an application form.