For careers advisers
The department supports school careers advisers in a range of ways:
- encouraging quality career development service provision through the promotion of the CICA School Career Development Service Benchmarking Resource
- improving access to current careers information and opportunities for all students including rural and remote students
- providing the registered careers adviser induction program for new careers advisers and others wishing to improve their currency
- access to essential information for careers advisers, which outlines core areas of responsibility for the position
- informing careers advisers about the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and how to best maintain their accreditation
- provision of the Workplace Learning Policy and support documents to implement various forms of learning in the workplace.