Road safety syllabus content
PDHPE 7-10 Syllabus
- defining risk factors and behaviours in a range of road environments and situations, eg road user distractions such as handheld devices and headphones
- protective behaviours and equipment
- influences on pedestrian, passenger and wheeled device behaviours
- laws and rules.
- responsible driver and passenger behaviour, for example minimizing and removing driver distractions such as handheld and hands free phones and other electronic devices, loud music and number of passengers.
- factors influencing road-use behaviour
- major causal factors in road and traffic related injuries, for example human (speeding, drug use, fatigue, occupant restraint), environmental, vehicular
- consequences of unsafe road-use behaviour
- skills and attitudes that support safe road behaviour, for example hazard perception, road sharing and tolerance