Driving and parking safely near your school
The beginning and end of the school day are busy times for pedestrians and drivers outside schools.
You can help keep children safe by remembering the following:
- drop your child off and pick them up on the school side of the road
- never call out to them from across the road - it is very dangerous
- always take extra care in 40km school zones
- follow all parking signs - these help keep your child as safe as possible
- park responsibly even if it means you have to walk further to the school gate
- never double park - it is illegal and puts children at risk
- never do a U-turn or a three point turn outside the school as it puts children at risk of harm
- model safe and considerate pedestrian and driver behaviours to your child
- always give way to pedestrians particularly when entering and leaving driveways.
Demerit point offences, Transport for NSW