In 2019, NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) released the Arabic K-10 Syllabus.
The support on this page includes sample:
- scope and sequences
- unit starters (units of work)
- assessment tasks, with marking guidelines.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our programming and assessment page.
Support materials from NSW Department of Education
The Arabic K-10 syllabus was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
Stage 4 – Arabic
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 58KB)
- Sample unit of work – What's your style? (DOCX 57KB)
- Sample assessment task – What's your style? (DOCX 42KB)
Stage 4 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Class party (DOCX 532KB) – showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
Stage 5 – Arabic
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 50KB) – for students with prior learning and/or experience in Arabic
- Sample unit of work – Let's have a great weekend! (DOCX 101KB)
- Sample assessment task – Let's have a great weekend! (DOCX 81KB)
- Sample unit of work – Together we can make a difference! (DOCX 113KB)
Stage 5 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Food trucks (DOCX 95KB) – supports an inquiry-based approach
- A sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 383KB) – supports the cross-curriculum priorities of 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures' and 'Sustainability'
Support materials from NESA
NESA has also developed a range of materials to support the Arabic K-10 syllabus. You can access sample scope and sequence documents and sample units of work under 'Support materials' on the Arabic K-10 Syllabus page.
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au