STEM resources | 7-10
A collection of lesson plans and resources to support the delivery of STEM in the class.
STEM program review tool
The program review tool is designed to help secondary teachers identify areas of improvement in integrated STEM programs as they work towards best practice STEM unit planning and delivery.
In the Braidwood Boulder (5 hours) Fast and Curious STEM challenge, students examine a fictitious but authentic problem and develop a range of skills and understanding in recording and analysing data to assist in designing an algorithm-based solution.
Note – Fast and Curious is a Technology Mandatory unit of work that develops knowledge, skills and understanding of data, digital systems and IoT (Internet of Things) and uses the Anki Overdrive race cars.
The resource packs below provide teachers with a range of curriculum-aligned, mini-STEM challenges that can be delivered in a range of formats. In these activities, students are required to:
- construct the strongest possible bridge only using limited resources
- construct a gyrocopter with the slowest glide rate using one piece of A4 paper.
- convert a paper bag into a parachute with the slowest rate of fall using only the specified materials
- construct the tallest tower possible only using limited resources
- convert a paper bag into a parachute with the slowest rate of fall using only the specified materials.