- is approved by the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- forms part of a student's academic record in NSW
- incorporates mechatronics, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, engineering, 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing, aerospace and motion modules
- presents mathematics and science concepts to students in ways that challenge not only their understanding of these key learning areas, but also their ability to manage projects and work collaboratively in teams
- provides students with curriculum to support the most up to date technologies including 3D printers, virtual reality, drones, robotics and a range of intelligent systems.
Design thinking, complex problem solving, communication and collaboration are foundation skill-sets that are developed in this course. Often delivered with the assistance of local industry experts, the iSTEM curriculum provides authentic, real-world learning opportunities for students.
The iSTEM program:
- delivers an integrated approach to teaching previous silos of STEM
- engages students in inquiry, project and problem-based learning
- places emphasis on enterprise skills such as complex problem solving, teamwork, communication, negotiation, and creativity
- provides more connected real-world learning, including industry contextualisation
- incorporates team teaching and flipped classroom approaches to teaching and learning.