- introduces teachers to STEM, design thinking, and cross-curricular planning
- is planned in six parts which reflect the six phases of design thinking
- addresses outcomes from the mathematics and science and technology syllabus documents.
As students are guided through the six phases of design thinking, they:
- develop their understanding of the impact of waste management on the environment
- examine the effect of waste on living things
- link their learning to the world around them
- collect data on their classroom waste
- are challenged to design a system for their classroom to solve an authentic problem
- analyse the data to understand the effect of their management system.