- research and discover future transportation options to carriage resources across Australia
- explore sustainability issues relating to the industry and possible renewable energy sources to power their vehicles
- develop an understanding of the vast systems in the Australian transport network, due to Australia's large area and low population density in considerable parts of the country, and the spread of natural and developed resources.
- design and build a prototype of a future transport vehicle and the system/network it would operate in
- test, share for feedback to refine design solutions
- present with justifications to an audience
- reflect on their actions, processes and thinking.