In 2018, NESA implemented six new Stage 6 science syllabuses in NSW. Four of those syllabuses (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Earth and Environmental Science) are revitalised courses while the Investigating Science and Science Extension syllabuses are new courses in the Stage 6 science curriculum.
For more information on the new Stage 6 science syllabuses, visit NESA's Stage 6 science page.
In Years 11 and 12, the following two unit courses are available.
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Investigating Science
In Year 12, the one unit Science Extension course is also available.
For approved students in Years 11 and 12, the following Life Skills courses are available:
- Chemical World Science Life Skills
- Earth and Space Science Life Skills
- Investigating Science Life Skills
- Living World Science Life Skills
- Physical World Science Life Skills
For support in teaching Stage 6 science courses contact the Science Advisor (7-12).