Physical world – design and production investigation
- is for Stage 3
- complements and blends with any existing unit of work in the Physical World strand where teachers would like to embed a stronger design and production skill focus in their teaching of science and technology
- focus question – 'What types of energy transformations can be observed using electricity in a product or system?'.
- estimated task duration is 4-5 hours of learning
- includes a comprehensive resource list, online video links, formative assessment opportunities and links to the Quality Teaching Model assessment elements.
- work in pairs to design and construct a wind turbine tower that demonstrates how different types of energy can transform.