People and places – Australian places unit
- undertake a geographical inquiry to locate their place at a personal, local, national and global scale
- examine a range of places at a national scale, the reasons people visit places, and factors affecting peoples’ access to places
- analyse their personal connections to the places they visit
- investigate personal connections to overseas places using a variety of geographical inquiry skills
- investigate the routes, modes of transport and location of places for an imaginary trip from their home to Perth while making comparisons with their own place.
The unit of work also involves a student-centred inquiry into their favourite place to visit in Australia and reflecting on their personal connections to that place.