How can I keep myself and others safe? unit
Early Stage 1
- identify safe places, situations and ways of communicating emotions related to safety
- identify rules, people and symbols that help keep them safe and practice ways of seeking help.
- identify and evaluate safe places and situations involving people
- recognise personal warnings signs and physical responses of themselves and others
- apply help seeking strategies to real life situations.
- explore a decision-making process, its application and consequences to safety in real life situations
- analyse their own and others’ physical and emotional responses in relation to the safety to specific situations
- evaluate, select and practise applying/accessing appropriate help seeking strategies support services
- recognise personal responsibilities regarding the safety of themselves and others by exploring upstander behaviour and ways of reporting problems.
- investigate how contextual factors and emotions impact their own and others safety in real life situations
- evaluate and practise help seeking strategies, the decision-making process and supportive behaviour that benefits themselves and others
- select and practise appropriate ways to resolve conflict and bullying both in-person and online
- develop emergency action plans, personal safety plans and safety travel plans for independent travel..