Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) online
- 5 songs with interactive scores, recordings and backing tracks
- background information and teaching and learning activity suggestion which are sequential and rigorous, videos of these activities being taught
- interviews with the composer and educator.
Who should participate?
- K-6 teachers
- specialist creative arts teachers
- school executive
Mode of delivery
- 5 hours
Completing this course you will learn:
- songs and activities
- to develop confidence to deliver new materials to your classes - no prior experience needed
- material within the resource
- effective and practical strategies for teaching music to students
- specific language used in the Creative Arts K-6 syllabus to explain concepts of music.
You are required to complete a series of questions throughout the course to ensure their understanding. This will include specific information contained within the course regarding:
- the musical concepts of duration, pitch, timbre, dynamics and structure through practical examples
- learning experiences for performing music (singing, moving and playing), organising sound/composing and listening
- questions relating directly to the repertoire within the Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) resource
- participation in a Yammer group about their teaching of the musical concepts and learning experiences within the resource and e-learning course after teaching one component of the course and resource.
Course materials and resources
NESA registered professional development
Completing ‘Vocal Ease MORE (Module 1) online’ contributes 5 hours of NESA registered professional development addressing 2.1.2, 6.2.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher accreditation.
How to enrol/register
Contact the creative arts advisor for further information.