In Stage 6, there are a number of pathways for students to extend their learning in the PDHPE Key Learning Area.
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE) aims to develop in each student a capacity to think critically about key issues related to health and physical activity in order to make informed decisions that support and contribute to healthy, active lifestyles and communities.
- Community and Family Studies (CAFS) aims to develop in each student an ability to manage resources and take action to support the needs of individuals, groups, families and communities in Australian society.
- Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation Studies (SLR) is a NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Content Endorsed Course which features a highly practical focus: physical activity being both an area of study and a medium for learning.
- Exploring Early Childhood (EEC) is a NESA Content Endorsed Course which aims to develop understanding, skills and strategies to enable students to support and foster positive growth and development in the young children with whom they interact through the provision of safe, nurturing and challenging environments.
- Life Skills Courses – Community and Family Studies and Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
Life Ready is a mandatory 25-hour course designed to prepare and support senior students as they encounter situations related to health and safety as they become more independent and gain more responsibilities. It focuses on offering opportunities for students to build the functional knowledge and skills for life post school.
Schools are encouraged to provide students in Years 11 and 12 weekly access to a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate with some vigorous physical activity and sport.