Use the professional learning materials to enhance your understanding of the NSW Physical Literacy Continuum K-10 and how it can be used to enhance student learning.
Introducing the physical literacy continuum
Through this professional learning course participants will:
- develop an understanding of physical literacy and its relationship to planned physical activity in schools
- explore how the NSW Physical Literacy continuum K–10 can support teaching and learning at a whole school, classroom and individual student level.
Complete Introducing the NSW Physical Literacy continuum K-10 to contribute 2 hours of QTC Registered PL addressing the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW:
* 2.1.2 - Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
* 6.2.2 - Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
This course is designed as professional learning for primary and secondary teachers. It can be accessed and delivered in two ways:
- School based face to face
- Principals (or their delegates) create an event/ learning asset through MyPL using the course code RG00420.
- Download the professional learning materials and deliver the 2 hour course in your school or network.
- Self-paced online
If you are not a NSW teacher seeking registered professional learning hours, skip to step 5.
- Access MyPL through the Portal (Department of Education employees) or self register (outside of NSW Department of Education)
- Search the catalogue for “Introducing the NSW Physical Literacy continuum K-10” to locate the learning event
- Search for a session that suits you and click attend session.
- Once enrolled, you will receive an email of confirmation.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the eCoach course.
- You will receive an email from eCoach to enter the course.