Physical literacy continuum
There are four interrelated critical aspects which form the framework of the continuum:
- movement competencies
- tactical movement
- motivation and behavioural skills
- personal and social attributes.
Read the Overview of the physical literacy continuum K-10 (PDF 177KB) for more information on how it can be used to enhance practice.
Enhance your understanding and practice with the Physical literacy continuum cluster examples (PDF 306KB). These provide more detail of what each marker could look like across the various physical activity contexts. The examples break down and translate the observations of teachers guiding their assessment of each marker. Use of the physical literacy continuum K-10 will be strengthened by using in combination with the examples.
NSW public school teachers and school executive
- Consult with your principal and all staff before placing your physical literacy continuum K-10 school order.
- Order copies of the NSW Physical Literacy continuum K-10 A1 posters at no cost.
Agencies and schools external to NSW Public Schools
- Copies can be ordered from our distributor via the Caterpillar Print website.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Secondary PDHPE Advisor on (02) 7814 2764