These professional learning materials are designed to:
- increase awareness of the importance of Life Ready for Year 11 and 12 students
- enhance understanding of the Life Ready course
- promote better practice models of Life Ready in NSW government schools
- build the capacity of teachers to plan, deliver and evaluate Life Ready.
A 30 minute Life Ready Adobe Connect recording has been designed for Director, Educational Leadership and Principals to provide an overview of:
- Life Ready course requirements
- course changes and timelines for school based implementation
- course structure and support available for coordinators and teachers
- considerations for effective school based implementation, including application of the principles which provide the course foundation
- considerations for engaging external providers and making decisions about resources to support implementation.
This 2 hour teacher identified online professional learning module addresses:
- course changes and the rationale for these changes
- the importance of Life Ready as part of student learning and development in Year 11 and 12.
- school based requirements
- course principles and the role they play in implementation
- the learning contexts and how they are used, including the content which needs to be delivered
- methods of delivery for Life Ready in schools and what should be considered
- what schools can do to ensure their school based program meets the needs of students in each senior cohort
- what resources are available to support Life Ready implementation.
To access course materials enter your details on the Google form. You will be given access to the course materials within 72 hours of completing the form.
This module supports teachers to work towards the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient:
3.2.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
3.7.2 Plan for appropriate and contextually relevant opportunities for parents/ carers to be involved in their children’s learning.
7.4.2 Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.