Child protection education: curriculum materials to support teaching and learning in PDHPE
- Support materials to assist teachers of students with high support needs (PDF 19.02MB)
- Child protection education activities
NSW Education Standards Authority
- PDHPE teacher toolkit: prevention of domestic violence (Years 7-10) includes frequently asked questions, definitions, signs and symptoms of abuse, suggested resources, support available, sample activities and research and references.
Department fact sheets
- Child protection education requirements (DOCX 196 KB)
- Child protection education programming (DOCX 44.9KB)
Child protection awareness training
The department requires any person who has a role in working with children and young people in government schools and TAFE colleges in NSW to participate in an initial child protection induction.
Child protection awareness training, a self-paced e-learning course provides this initial child protection induction training for all staff. This course is also registered through the NSW Education Standards Authority and will enable staff to generate evidence for maintaining accreditation at proficient.