Mathematics Standard 1
Mathematics Standard is a common course in year 11. All students will have the opportunity to enhance their numeracy skills and capabilities. The content of the course aligns with Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. In the HSC year students can elect to continue with either:
- Mathematics Standard 1—a board developed course (category B) with an optional HSC examination
- Mathematics Standard 2—a board developed course (category A) with HSC examination.
Scope and sequence
Sample units and assessments
The following units and assessments can be adapted by teachers according to available resources and the individual needs of the school.
Year 11 Mathematics Standard (Rhombus)
Year 12 Mathematics Standard 1
- MS-M3 Right-angled triangles sample unit of learning (DOCX 53KB)
- MS-M3 Right-angled triangles resources (DOCX 103KB)
Adobe Connect sessions
- Unpacking the new Stage 6 Mathematics Standard syllabus
- Transcript of Unpacking the new Stage 6 mathematics standard syllabus
- New content in the stage 6 mathematics standard syllabus
- Transcript of New content in the stage 6 mathematics standard syllabus
- Stage 6 Mathematics Standard course that has been moved
- Transcript of Stage 6 Mathematics Standard course that has been moved
- How to monitor assignments and investigation-style tasks
- What are networks?