Everyday Maths Hub
Learn about the Everyday Maths Hub for parents and carers, and how this can complement your in-class teaching. Visit this page regularly for the latest resources teachers can access to build on the learning and schools can use to support their school community.
We are helping parents and carers engage their children in mathematics through fun, relatable activities:
- view our presentation introducing the Everyday Maths Hub (PPTX 11.2MB)
- watch our video below introducing the Everyday Maths Hub (1 minute 45 seconds).
The Everyday Maths Hub:
- is an engaging and dynamic online platform for parents and carers of children in Kindy through to Year 10
- aims to support and encourage family conversations about the relevance and usefulness of mathematics in everyday life
- is part of the NSW Mathematics Strategy to achieve the Premier’s vision, 'for all NSW students to develop the mathematical skills they need to succeed in life'
- was designed in consultation with our teachers, parents and carers
- can support parents and carers in empowering their children to think critically and creatively, find and solve problems, and notice and wonder about the mathematics in the world around them
- helps parents and carers connect with their children through mathematics.
- mathematical bite-size content
- short creative videos to introduce topics
- interactive everyday activities
- inspiring reading and resource lists
- games and puzzles
You may use the hub with parents and carers to:
- support positive home-school partnerships
- generate conversations about mathematics
- introduce and support the use of mathematical language
- encourage curiosity and playfulness with mathematical ideas
- connect mathematics across stages, topics and other key learning areas
- promote positive mathematical mindsets
- suggest games, books and activities.
Schools may promote the Everyday Maths Hub to parents and carers in:
transition initiatives for Kindy and Year 7
parent and community information sessions from Kindy to Year 10
their school newsletter, website and social media platforms..
Mathematics belongs to all of us. Enjoy using the Everyday Maths Hub with your school community.
The hub will be launched for parents and carers in Term 3 2020.
Let us know what you think, share your ideas, or request more information: