Support materials from the NSW Department of Education
The following unit starters have been developed for teachers to adapt to any modern language.
- Stage 4 – class party (DOCX 532KB), which showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
- Stage 5 – food trucks (DOCX 95KB), which supports an inquiry-based approach
- Stage 5 – a sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 383KB), which supports the cross-curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures, and sustainability.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents for modern languages, visit our programming and assessment page.
We also recommend you look at resources for other modern languages, by exploring each language in language-specific support. You will see a range of formats and approaches.
Support materials from NESA
NESA has also developed a range of materials to support the K-10 language syllabuses. You can access sample scope and sequence documents, sample units of work and/or sample assessment activities under 'Support materials':
- Hindi K-10 Syllabus page
- Macedonian K-10 Syllabus page
- Persian K-10 Syllabus page
- Punjabi K-10 Syllabus page
- Russian K-10 Syllabus page
- Tamil K-10 Syllabus page
- Turkish K-10 Syllabus page
- Vietnamese K-10 Syllabus page.
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au