In 2019, NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) released the Modern Greek K-10 Syllabus.
The support on this page includes sample:
- scope and sequences
- unit starters (units of work)
- assessment tasks, with marking guidelines.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our programming and assessment page.
Support materials from NSW Department of Education
The Modern Greek K-10 syllabus was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
Stage 4 – Modern Greek
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 55KB)
- Sample unit of work – all creatures great and small (DOCX 78KB)
- Sample assessment task – all creatures great and small (DOCX 54KB)
Stage 4 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Class party (DOCX 532KB) – showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
Stage 5 – Modern Greek
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 48KB)
- Sample unit of work – I've got nothing to wear! (DOCX 85KB)
- Sample assessment task – I've got nothing to wear! (DOCX 71KB)
Stage 5 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Food trucks (DOCX 95KB) – supports an inquiry-based approach
- A sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 383KB) – supports the cross-curriculum priorities of 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures' and 'Sustainability'
Support materials from NESA
NESA has also developed a range of materials to support the Modern Greek K-10 syllabus. You can access scope and sequence documents and sample units of work under 'Support materials' on the Modern Greek K-10 Syllabus page.
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au