In 2018, NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) released the Korean K-10 Syllabus.
The support on this page includes sample:
- scope and sequences
- unit starters (units of work)
- assessment tasks, with marking guidelines.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our programming and assessment page.
Support materials from NSW Department of Education
The Korean K-10 syllabus was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
Stage 4 – Korean
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 41KB)
- Sample unit of work – our top 10 favourite things to do (DOCX 68KB)
- Sample assessment task – our top 10 favourite things to do (DOCX 186KB)
Stage 4 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Class party (DOCX 532KB) – showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
Stage 5 – Korean
Stage 5 – generic (can be adapted to any language)
- Food trucks (DOCX 95KB) – supports an inquiry-based approach
- A sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 383KB) – supports the cross-curriculum priorities of 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures' and 'Sustainability'
Arirang developed by the NSW Department of Education under the National Asian Language and Studies in Schools Program. It is for the first 100 to 200 hours of learning Korean in Years 7-10.
- Yaho! Hangugeo for Stages 4 to 6 – a series of videos with supporting activities.
Support materials from NESA
NESA has also developed a range of materials to support the Korean K-10 syllabus. You can access sample scope and sequence documents, sample units of work and sample assessment activities under 'Support materials' on the Korean K-10 Syllabus page.
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au