The following support materials were developed by NSW public school teachers as part of the Stage 6 mEsh project where 62 teachers led writing teams (over 150 teachers) across NSW.
Teachers can adapt these materials to suit the individual needs of their schools.
Year 11 - Investigating modern history - the nature of modern history
The investigation of historic sites and sources
The contestability of the past
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 46KB)
- Sample unit of work (DOCX 57KB)
- Source analysis worksheet (DOCX 45KB)
- Sample assessment (DOCX 522KB)
The construction of modern histories
Year 11 - Investigating modern history - case studies
The Cuban revolution
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 44KB)
- Sample unit of work (DOCX 54KB)
- Sample assessment - Source analysis for Fidel Castro's legacy (DOCX 46KB)
- Sample assessment - Fidel Castro's eulogy (DOCX 46KB)