Economics is an understanding of contemporary economic issues allowing students to:
- comprehend the impact of interest rates, share value and the Australian dollar on Australians and the economy in general
- recognise fluctuations in global and Australian economies and the effects on business
- understand why levels of employment vary
- consider how to use economic thinking to preserve the natural environment
- analyse, synthesise and evaluate information from a variety of sources
- communicate findings and ideas in a variety of forms.
The NESA economics page contains the syllabus and support materials including a sample assessment schedule, information about the HSC exam specifications and assessment requirements as well as standards packages and past papers.