Work Education 7-10
Students may undertake either 100 or 200 hours of study in Stage 4 and or Stage 5 as an elective. A 200 hour course will comprise all six core study topics and a minimum of six options. Within a 100 or 200 hour course students may only study ONE school developed option.
Work Education aims to:
- develop students' knowledge and understanding of the world of work
- encourage students to be self-motivated learners
- motivate students to understand the need for future education, work and training throughout their lives.
Students prepare for the working world by developing:
- an understanding of themselves, their aspirations and skills of innovation and enterprise
- knowledge of their rights and responsibilities as workers
- an awareness of employer's expectations
- an appreciation of the diversity of work opportunities.
Work Education syllabus acknowledges the importance of vocational learning, allowing every student to develop employability and enterprise skills, understand the flexibility required for the workplace, the need for self-evaluation, goal setting and decision making skills.