These resources support teachers in developing teaching and learning frameworks.
- Guide to using picture books in geography (PDF 1.62 MB) supports teachers to integrate picture books to enhance their geography teaching and programming. It provides examples of learning activities for picture books selected for their geographical and literary value.
- Geography terminology continuum K-10 (DOCX 67.83KB) - The geography terminology continuum provides a list of essential vocabulary required of the NSW syllabus for the Australian curriculum K-10 geography.
Learning across the curriculum content
The following resources may also assist your programming of Stage 4 and 5 geography.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures (PDF 697 KB), provides teaching and learning activities and links to resources to integrate the teaching of the key concepts of Country/Place, Culture and People with the content and outcomes of the syllabus.
- Sustainability (DOCX 84 KB), provides learning snapshots and teaching and learning activities to embed the cross curriculum priority of sustainability within the geography program.
- Asia and Australia's engagement with Asia (PDF 903 KB) provides snapshots of learning for each stage with case studies that support teachers to include the diversity of Asia, achievements and contributions of peoples of Asia and Asia-Australia engagement in geography.