The Aboriginal Studies Years 7-10 syllabus is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal identities, communities, autonomy, roles and the range of relationships between Aboriginal Peoples and non-Aboriginal people.
Students may undertake either 100 or 200 hours of study in Aboriginal studies in Stage 4 and or Stage 5. Courses are structured in the following ways:
A 100-hour course can consist of either:
- Core 1 or Core 2 and a minimum of three options
- Core 1 and Core 2 and two options
A 200-hour course
- Core 1 and Core 2 and six options
The core study and options may be studied in any order or pattern.
Regularly check this page for new content or join our HSIE NSW statewide staffroom for the most up to date information.
Aboriginal Studies Years 7-10 resources have been created by a cross sector writing team which included representatives from the:
- NSW Department of Education, Curriculum Secondary Learners
- Association of Independent Schools of NSW (AISNSW)
- Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW)
- tertiary sector