View the I'm counting on you Transport for NSW child car seat poster. Think about the type of English conversations that could be scaffolded around this text, using the summary below as a guide:
- eye contact – young child is offering his gaze, making personal contact with the viewer
- use of colour – numbers and information are bright and colourful
- factual language – website is provided as a legal imperative to the emotional message
- audience – parent (‘make sure your child’). The three information points are simple and easy to read for busy parents.
- persuasive language – use of possessive pronouns indicates ownership and places responsibility on the reader/viewer
- symbols – salient image of child smiling in car seat represents care, safety and parental responsibility.
- colours – use of bright colours for the key messages. The use of white for information.