In the stage 5 elective subject of visual design, students gain an understanding of the design world through the areas of print, object and space-time design in art making, critical and historical studies, the conceptual framework and the frames.
Students will develop knowledge and skills in visual design when:
- exploring design conventions while creating and analysing visual design artworks
- making visual design works informed through their understanding of the conceptual framework
- creating meaning and perspectives through their use of the frames within their works
- applying techniques, artistic concepts and procedures to make and refine meaning in visual design artworks.
Critical and historical interpretations
When critically and historically exploring the visual design world students will:
- develop and apply an understanding of art practice
- interpret and make connections between the conceptual framework and the frames in historical works
- critique, understand and justify meanings and perspectives through a variety of visual design artworks.