Plan and register for professional learning.
Online self-paced learning
Introduction to music within the creative arts K-6 (MyPL RG04780)
- 6 registered hours
- offers teachers and school leaders the opportunity to engage in professional learning in music as an artform within the NSW Creative Arts K-6 syllabus.
- unpacking syllabus metalanguage of the musical concepts and learning experiences
- embedding music within the K-6 creative arts and classroom
- two-part online module to unpack the syllabus expectations.
Prior to these sessions, participants will engage with the syllabus to enhance their understanding.
For each part of the online module, participants will:
- plan, deliver and feedback on two targeted music lessons they teach
- receive individual feedback
- answer multiple-choice style assessment questions in order to progress through the course.
Course title: Visual Arts Stage 6 and the body of work
This online course allows participants to build their understanding and skills when unpacking the key features and components of the Stage 6 Preliminary and HSC Visual Arts syllabus. Participants will interact directly with the syllabus components of the Frames, Conceptual Framework and Practice by completing online learning tasks, before interacting with a series of teacher and student videos based on the teaching and learning journeys for the HSC Body of Work.
Completing Visual Arts Stage 6 and the body of work will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.1.2, 3.3.2, 6.3.2, 6.4.2, 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.