Visual arts involves making various art forms such as painting, drawing and digital media,
Students also appreciate various artists, artworks and audiences.
Waste as art :
- developed with the support of the NSW Environmental Trust
- explores waste reduction and other environmental issues through visual arts
- information, resources and inspiration to plan, develop and implement an engaging and rewarding Waste as art project.
- A guide to implementing waste as art and environmental art projects in schools (DOCX 92.02 KB)
- create artworks in your classroom
- take inspiration from 20 artworks at the 2019 Operation Art Exhibition.
- each lesson contains syllabus outcomes and indicators directly linked to teaching and learning activities with suggestions for formative assessment.
- demonstrates effective ways to structure a visual arts lesson through examples of strong pedagogy.
Sample unit starters
The following sample units have been created using the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus