Making allows students to develop skills using a broad range of techniques through an exploration of subject matter with an increasing awareness of their intentions as artists.
Visual arts involves making various art forms such as painting, drawing and digital media,
Students also appreciate various artists, artworks and audiences.
Waste as art :
- developed with the support of the NSW Environmental Trust
- explores waste reduction and other environmental issues through visual arts
- information, resources and inspiration to plan, develop and implement an engaging and rewarding Waste as art project.
- A guide to implementing waste as art and environmental art projects in schools (DOCX 92.02 KB)
- create artworks in your classroom
- take inspiration from 20 artworks at the 2019 Operation Art Exhibition.
- each lesson contains syllabus outcomes and indicators directly linked to teaching and learning activities with suggestions for formative assessment.
- demonstrates effective ways to structure a visual arts lesson through examples of strong pedagogy.
Sample unit starters
The following sample units have been created using the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus