Dance involves performing, composing and appreciating through the elements of action, dynamics, time, space, relationships and structure.
Students learn to:
- use these elements effectively through sequenced dance activities
- appreciate the meaning and values that dance offers personally, culturally and as a form of communication.
Through Move Ease teachers will access 5 original compositions by Tracy and Paul Burjan, with accompanying student learning experiences from Early Stage 1 to Stage 3. Students will develop shared knowledge and understandings, skills, values and attitudes in performing, composing and appreciating in dance. Move Ease facilitates student engagement with the elements of dance and the dancing body through fresh approaches and repertoire. Each piece covers a different musical and dance genre with a wide variety of syllabus based teaching and learning experiences. Many of these experiences are supported through videos with teaching experts in dance guiding students through the use of the materials within.
The 5 compositions include:
- Celebrations – dance around the world
- Cyber dance – dance in popular culture
- Dance through time – the role of dance throughout history
- Elements of gamelan – an Indonesian inspired dance experience
- Movement of life – expressive dance about life’s journeys.