Early Stage 1 to Stage 3
Creative arts is mandatory for all students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
- Listen to our Chatting creative arts podcasts and learn about important issues in the arts. We speak with leading educators and industry professionals.
- Dance includes sample units of work.
- Act Ease resources, templates for planning units of work, sample lesson ideas, resources and elearning are available for drama.
- Vocal Ease resources, templates for planning units of work, sample lesson ideas, resources and elearning are available for music.
- Visual arts contains sample unit starters and resources such as Waste as art.
- The sound of art - written in collaboration with the Australian Chamber Orchestra (ACO). It explores the relationship between music and visual arts through a variety of artworks and compositions.
The NSW Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus involves the four art forms of dance, drama, music and visual arts. All four art forms have their own learning experiences and outcomes for each stage from Early Stage 1 to Stage 3.
Each artform involves unique practices for students to develop subject-specific knowledge, skills and understanding.
Learning in the arts is underpinned by the belief that all students can develop skills, knowledge and understanding from the content and outcomes of the syllabus. Teaching programs should allow students to build on previous experiences, practise skills and apply knowledge in different contexts.