Leading English 7-12 – HSC monitoring update
This resource is part of a suite of professional learning is targeted directly towards faculty and aspiring leaders. This suite of learning provides advice around issues including compliance, faculty monitoring and effective leadership practices.
Audience: Stage 6 teachers and leaders
Watch 'HSC Monitoring update with Kate Thompson' (30:47)
(Duration: 30 minutes 47 seconds)
[End of transcript]
This session supports teachers and leaders of English to develop an understanding of the HSC Monitoring processes and the way this process supports curriculum compliance.
Please note: The 2022 HSC and RoSA Monitoring advice is available via the Stage 6 webpage.
Kate Thompson – Stage 6 Advisor
The following structure guides the session:
- the NSW Department of Education’s (DoE) HSC Monitoring guidelines and what is required for teachers and faculty leaders
- how to implement these documents, ways to address common problems and connect to current policies and practices.
- Educational Services Review
- ACE manual Changes to the RoSA & HSC rules and requirements for 2022
- ACE manual Entry requirements for the Stage 6 English as an additional language or dialect (EAL/D) course
- Stage 6 planning documents discussed in the recording.
This accredited professional learning is connected to the domains:
- Professional engagement – Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- 6.2 - engage in professional learning and improve practice.