iSTEM is an innovative student-centred elective that integrates science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The course focuses on applied learning and skillset development based on the needs of local and national industry. iSTEM prepares students to engage with STEM knowledge, understanding and skills using inquiry, problem and project-based learning pedagogies.
Students may undertake either 100 or 200 hours of study in iSTEM in Stage 5. Courses are structured in the following ways:
- a 100-hour course consisting of either
- Core 1 and Core 2 and one elective and one specialised option
- Core 1 and Core 2 and 2 specialised options
- a 200-hour course consisting of Core 1 and Core 2 and at least one elective and up to five specialised options
- Complete the Department approved elective course – iSTEM microlearning (NR36618)
- Access recordings from statewide staffroom sessions via the Teaching and learning 7-12 statewide staffroom