In the stage 5 elective subject of visual design, students gain an understanding of the design world through the areas of print, object and space-time design in art making, critical and historical studies, the conceptual framework and the frames.
Further information and teaching support is available in the NSW 7-10 Visual Design Syllabus.
Students will develop knowledge and skills in visual design when:
- exploring design conventions while creating and analysing visual design artworks
- making visual design works informed through their understanding of the conceptual framework
- creating meaning and perspectives through their use of the frames within their works
- applying techniques, artistic concepts and procedures to make and refine meaning in visual design artworks.
Critical and historical interpretations
When critically and historically exploring the visual design world students will:
- develop and apply an understanding of art practice
- interpret and make connections between the conceptual framework and the frames in historical works
- critique, understand and justify meanings and perspectives through a variety of visual design artworks.
Knowledge and skills creative arts - KASCA visual design framework
The KASCA visual design framework breaks down the core components of practice, conceptual framework and the frames into a series of lesson sequences. All lesson sequences come with ready-to-use differentiated learning and teaching resources and are available here and an e-book (PDF 5.02 MB) that can be downloaded to your smart device.
CApture student filmmaking resource
The CApture student filmmaking interactive resource guides Stage 5 creative arts students through the collaborative processes of filmmaking.
Teacher support guide for programming and assessment
A guide to support visual design teachers in delivering CApture - a Stage 5 creative arts filmmaking resource.
CApture teacher support guide for programming and assessment in Stage 5 visual design (DOCX 166 KB)
If you need further assistance with accessibility for any of these resources, please get in touch with us at SecondaryEducationUnit@det.nsw.edu.au