Vocal Ease MORE (Module 2) more ways to support music in K-6
Learn specific language used in the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus to explain the concepts of music.
Through this course, participants will:
- learn 5 songs and syllabus-related learning experiences
- develop confidence to deliver new materials to their classes
- develop effective and practical strategies for teaching music to students
- learn specific language used in the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus to explain the concepts of music
- gain access to a community of practice for sharing information and ideas.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of music education through the repertoire in the resource
- share their knowledge, understanding and skills of the musical concepts of duration, pitch, timbre, dynamics and structure through practical examples
- use the targeted repertoire to create learning experiences for performing music (singing, moving and playing), organising sound and listening as appropriate for their context
- answer questions relating directly to the repertoire within the Vocal Ease MORE (Module 2) resource and the syllabus in general
- participate with confidence in group collaborative tasks utilising the musical concepts and learning experiences within the resource and course.
Approximate duration is 5 hours.