Keeping your details up to date with the department
Have your personal details recently changed? If so, don't forget to update them (including your email, address and phone number). Keeping your details up to date with the department, including your teaching subject codes and location preferences, means you can be matched to permanent or temporary teaching positions.
22 February 2023
Updating your personal details
- Log in to the Staff Portal using your User ID and password.
- Select the person icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select 'manage security settings'. A 6-digit security code will be sent to your nominated email and/or mobile.
- Enter the 6-digit security code.
- Review and manage your security settings, and edit your details.
Updating your location preferences
If you want to change your location preferences, you can update them in Employee Self Services (ESS) by clicking ‘my details’ and then ‘my preferences’. The quick help guide on the intranet can assist you through this process.
Updating your staffing codes
You may have gained new skills and knowledge through formal qualifications or teaching experience. It is essential that you update your staffing codes to indicate the subject/teaching areas in which you are qualified and/or willing to teach.
Contact Teacher Approvals at Additional.Approval@det.nsw.edu.au to add any new teaching subjects and include documentary evidence of your academic qualifications.
- Teaching and learning