About the teach.MathsNOW Scholarship
The teach.MathsNOW Scholarship provides scholars with course contribution fee payments up to $50,000, a $5,000 one-off training allowance, paid part-time employment whilst studying, a $5,000 study completion allowance and a guaranteed permanent teaching position in a NSW public school following successful completion of studies.
- Up to $50,000 equivalent course contribution fee
- $5,000 one-off training allowance
- $5,000 study completion allowance
- Paid part-time employment whilst studying
- Receive a permanent position in a NSW public school upon completion of your studies
- Currently enrolled university students
- Industry professionals
- Indicate your preference to teach in a number of fantastic locations across NSW
To apply, you will need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and be either:
An industry professional:
- with a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience within the last 10 years; and
- that has completed a recognised undergraduate degree which included studies in pure or applied mathematics; and
- that will be entering or continuing an initial teacher education program from Semester 1, 2022, at a recognised Australian university or tertiary institution, to be completed by no later than the end of 2023, to become a teacher of secondary mathematics; or
A currently enrolled university student:
- studying an undergraduate degree which includes studies in pure or applied mathematics; and
- that will be continuing or entering an initial teacher education program (including initial integrated teacher education programs) from Semester 1, 2022, at a recognised Australian university or tertiary institution, to be completed by no later than the end of 2023, to become a teacher of secondary mathematics e.g. Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Teaching, Master of Teaching (Secondary Mathematics), etc.; and
And willing to accept an appointment as a permanent full-time mathematics teacher to a NSW public school on completion of your studies for a minimum period of three years.
Subscribe to be notified when applications open in 2022.