The department’s program provides literacy and numeracy small group tuition for students who need it most across NSW primary, secondary and specialist schools.
In NSW, the program operates in groups of 2-5 students, approximately 3-5 times per week and is delivered by trained educators working with classroom teachers. It has been operating for the past two years with emerging evidence showing that it has a positive impact and can accelerate student learning by as much as five months.
To deliver this program, NSW public schools are recruiting initial teacher education (ITE) students studying a Bachelor of Education or Master of Education degree to work with classroom teachers as trained educators. Students in their first, second or third year of an ITE degree, without conditional teaching accreditation from NESA, are welcome to apply.
For future teachers, this presents a great opportunity to access specific training and practical teaching experience with small groups of students in a classroom setting.
Please note: all applicants must have, or be willing to undertake, a NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) clearance through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. A valid NSW WWCC is a requirement for employment in child-related roles in NSW public schools.
How to apply
To apply for an advertised position you will need to provide:
- your NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) clearance for paid employment from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian (or your application number if your WWCC application is still being processed)
- a completed Declaration for Child-Related Work
- a completed Nationally Coordinated Criminal Informed Consent form
- four identity documents (as specified on page 2 of the Informed Consent form)
- a current CV that clearly and concisely articulates your relevant skills, knowledge and experience (maximum four pages)
- contact details of two professional referees.
Once your supporting documentation is organised, you can proceed to apply for available positions.
Vacant positions will be listed below as they become available.
Subscribe to be notified when new program information becomes available.