The NSW Department of Education is implementing the Supporting Rural Beginners Program.
The program commenced as a pilot in Term 1, 2023 and is available to teachers who are moving or have recently moved to live in a new community and start work in an eligible pilot rural, remote or regional school.
Program participants will be supported to build social and professional connections within the community.
The Support for Rural Beginners Program aims to benefit participants, participating schools and local communities by supporting teacher retention.
Benefits and support
- $600 (less tax) one-off support payment to be used on social connection activities
- Orientation support, including where possible, being partnered with a colleague with similar interests to help you settle into the community
- Community information and resources
- Small peer group sessions to connect with fellow program participants from nearby schools
- Access to an online community to find out about events and professional learning opportunities
Participating Principal Networks
- Far West
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong
- Western Plains
- Select Connected Communities