Through the Psychology Sponsorship program, approved teachers are supported to complete the third year psychology subjects of their three-year sequence of Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved psychology studies, over one year. Psychology Sponsorship recipients will transition into the School Counsellor in Training program upon successful entry into the Master of Psychological Practice (School Psychology) at Charles Sturt University.
Psychology Sponsorship recipients receive:
- reimbursement of compulsory university fees for approved third year psychology subjects from commencement of the sponsorship
- reimbursement of university-based accommodation expenses to attend compulsory university residential sessions and examinations where overnight accommodation is necessary
- on successful completion of the three-year sequence of APAC approved psychology studies, and upon successful entry into Charles Sturt University's Master of Psychological Practice (School Psychology), a full-time teachers salary and payment of course tuition fees
- a permanent school counsellor position in a NSW public school on completion of the School Counsellor in Training program.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- hold a current NSW driver's licence
- be an approved teacher with the NSW Department of Education for full-time employment
- have, within the last five years, completed the first two years of psychology units that form part of an APAC accredited three-year sequence of study, with no less than a Grade Point Average of 5.5, and provide evidence of completion. You must provide your academic results to date and evidence of enrolment for semester 2, 2021 if you will be completing your two-year sequence of study by the end of 2021
- not have more than four remaining psychology units to complete in 2022 and no more than two of those units may be completed in trimester 3, 2022
- be committed to completing a three-year sequence of APAC approved psychology studies by the end of 2022
- meet Charles Sturt University's entry requirements into the Master of Psychological Practice (School Psychology) program before transitioning into the School Counsellor in Training program
- be willing to accept an appointment as a permanent full-time school counsellor in a NSW public school in an agreed location on completion of a School Counsellor in Training program for a minimum period of two years.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to select either 'Anywhere in the State' or individual school education areas where you would like to be appointed on completion of your studies.
If you select to be appointed 'Anywhere in the State', you are agreeing to be appointed to a school in one of the following school education areas: Albury, Armidale, Bankstown, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Blacktown, Bondi, Bourke, Broken Hill, Campbelltown, Central Coast, Clarence/Coffs Harbour, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Fairfield, Granville, Griffith, Hornsby, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Liverpool, Maitland, Moree, Mount Druitt, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Orange, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Jackson, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Ryde, Shellharbour, St George, Sutherland, Tamworth, Taree, Tweed Heads/Ballina, Wagga Wagga, Windsor or Wollongong.
You may choose to select one school education area from the following list of priority rural or remote areas of workforce need: Bourke, Broken Hill, Deniliquin, Griffith, Moree, Muswellbrook, Orange, Queanbeyan or Taree.
You could also select a minimum of three or more individual school education areas, from either Sydney metropolitan areas of workforce need and/or rural or remote areas of workforce need.
The metropolitan areas of workforce need are: Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Granville, Liverpool, Mount Druitt, Parramatta, Penrith, Ryde and Windsor.
The rural or remote areas of workforce need are: Albury, Armidale, Batemans Bay, Bathurst, Bourke, Broken Hill, Central Coast, Clarence/Coffs Harbour, Deniliquin, Dubbo, Griffith, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Maitland, Moree, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Orange, Port Macquarie, Queanbeyan, Shellharbour, Tamworth, Taree, Wagga Wagga and Wollongong.
Priority will be given to candidates who are prepared to work in rural or remote areas of workforce need.
Contact the Employment Programs Team via email@example.com or phone 1300 300 634.