Department use of data for research
Tell Them From Me is an important source of data for the department's ongoing research to support best-practice in our classrooms. At the state-level, analysis of Tell Them From Me data contributes to research about what works to improve student outcomes.
Evidence-based practices to support student engagement and wellbeing
The Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation (CESE) has produced a suite of Tell Them From Me publications that can help schools to understand and enhance student's engagement, wellbeing and learning experiences.
Focus areas include:
- promoting student engagement
- enhancing student wellbeing
- Tell Them From Me and NAPLAN
- transitioning to high school (in collaboration with feeder primary schools)
- transitioning to senior high school and beyond
- enhancing parental engagement
- interpreting Tell Them From Me data
- using data to inform school planning
CESE's research work is ongoing. We welcome suggestions for research topics that address the interests and needs of schools.
These publications and more can be accessed on the Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation (CESE) website.