Seeking urgent help
Having a tough time and need someone to talk to? Reaching out and talking to someone is one of the best things you can do.
These free and confidential services operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are available to support, listen and help you out when you need.
In an emergency
If you, or someone you are with, is in immediate danger or risk of harm to yourself or others, call emergency services on 000.
Lifeline offers crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Phone: 13 11 14 ( 24 hours a day)
- Chat online at lifeline.org.au ( 24 hours a day)
Kids Helpline gives young people aged 5 to 25 free phone and online counselling support.
- Phone: 1800 55 1800 (24 hours a day)
- Chat online at kidshelpline.com.au (24 hours a day)
Beyond Blue can give you information and mental health support. All chats and calls are one-on-one with a trained mental health professional.
- Phone: 1300 22 4636 (24 hours a day)
- Chat online at BeyondBlue.org.au (24 hours a day)
- Email and receive a response within 24 hours.
Suicide CallBack Service
Suicide Call Back Service can give you immediate telephone counselling and support in a crisis.
- Phone: 1300 659 467 (24 hours a day)
- Chat online (24 hours a day) at suicidecallbackservice.org.au
1800RESPECT can help you if you, or someone you know, is experiencing sexual assault or domestic and family violence. It's available for all ages.
- Phone: 1800 737 732 (available 24 hours)
- Chat online (24 hours a day) at 1800respect.org.au
ReachOut is Australia's leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents. Visit ReachOut.com.
ReachOut Forums offer a safe, supportive and anonymous space for 14-25 year old Australians to chat, connect and support each other.